- Clean the lint trap after every use
- Clean and check the vent hose
- If it's a gas dryer, check the gas connections
- Keep the area around the dryer clean and clear
- Service the dryer regularly.
Many times on a home inspection, I see conditions that could lead to a dryer fire. It is hard to ignore it, because dryer fires have become one of the leading causes of fires in the home. They kill multiple people every year and cause millions of dollars in property damage and loss. So what can be done? Here are a few thing:
Questions? Contact me!
Certified Professional Home Inspectors